SIL RECEIVES HOME MODIFICATION/EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS GRANT
SIL is pleased to announce that we have received funding from the Ohio Statewide Independent Living Council (Ohio SILC) for Home Modifications and Emergency/Disaster Preparedness training. SIL’s project will begin on January 1, 2021 and end on June 30, 2021.
Individuals with paralysis will receive minor home modifications to make their homes more accessible and safer in case of an emergency and reduce barriers to access emergency services. Example of qualifying home modifications include, but are not limited to, the following: ramps, grab bars; hand rails; and adjustable shower heads.
All applicants will have the option of completing an educational component on emergency preparedness to ensure that they are better prepared in the event of an emergency. The educational component will:
- Provide participants access to the resources needed to prepare adequately for situations of an emergency or disaster
- Provide information to support families and caregivers to better understand how an emergency or disaster may impact their family member.
To qualify, an applicant must
- Be an individual living with paraplegia
- Reside in Cuyahoga, Lake or Geauga Counties
- Exhaust all possible resources for assistance for home modifications.
Please call India at SIL, 216-389-1190, or email India Jones (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Laura Gold (email@example.com) for an application and/or for more information.