ACL’s COVID-19 Resources: Vaccine updates and more
COVID-19 vaccines are saving lives and helping many around the country resume regular activities.
This is why we have dedicated most of this acl.gov/COVID-19 round-up to resources to help increase access to vaccines for older adults and people with disabilities. We have also created a new vaccine resource page so you can access all of these resources and more in one place.
- Today, June 23, 2:00pm ET:: Connect+Conversations Webinar on Addressing Loneliness and Social Health hosted by by Social Health Labs and the Foundation for Social Connection with support from the Commit to Connect initiative of ACL and the AARP Foundation.
- Today, June 23, 2:30pm ET: Vaccine Reluctance Among Older Adults with a History of Trauma: Diverse Concerns, Trauma-Informed Strategies, and Lessons for the Future hosted by the the Jewish Federations of North America (JFNA) Center on Aging and Trauma
- Thursday, June 24, 1:00pm ET: Motivate to Vaccinate: National Month of Action for COVID-19 Vaccinations hosted by the CDC’s Chief Health Equity Officer
- Tuesday, June 29, 1:30pm ET: Isolation and Depression in Elderly Populations During the COVID-19 Pandemic hosted by HRSA Region 10
- Thursday, July 1, 3:00pm ET: Addressing Vaccine Hesitancy Among Direct Service Workers hosted by ACL and CMS
Spread the word: Trained staff are standing by to help people with disabilities and older adults find vaccine locations, make appointments, and connect to local services and supports necessary to access vaccines. They also can provide information to answer questions or concerns about the vaccine.
- For people with disabilities: The new Disability Information and Assistance Center (DIAL) can be reached by calling 888-677-1199 or by emailing DIAL@n4a.org any time.
- For older adults: Call the Eldercare Locator at 800-677-1116 or visit the website to chat live or browse resources.
Both phone lines are staffed Monday-Friday from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. (Eastern).