Independent Living & Consumer Advocate Specialist
Services for Independent Living seeks a well-qualified, dynamic self-starter to provide both individual and community services. Applicant must have personal or professional experience with disabilities and be able to address barriers related to disability issues. Ideal applicant will have systems advocacy and community education experience. Candidate will be required to maintain a small caseload. Essential job functions include, but are not limited to:
- Assist individuals enrolled in the Personal Care Assistance (PCA) program by managing their required financial and program information is up to date and accurate. These cases are in various NEO counties.
- Work with consumers to identify, develop and achieve their individualized Independent Living Plans and Goals.
- Participate and facilitate agency advocacy committees.
- Assist in coordinating, hosting, and presenting community education sessions, both virtually and in-person.
- Remain current on matter related to consumer concerns and disability issues.
- Maintain contact with consumers according to programs guidelines and consumer request.
- Advocate on behalf of individual consumers as appropriate.
Excellent organizational and communication skills a MUST. Computer skills necessary. MUST have reliable transportation and meet agency minimum insurance requirements. Applicant must be able to pass background screening and drug test. High School Diploma Required, BA preferred. Individuals with a disability strongly encouraged to apply.
The agency takes responsible measures to keep all employees and visitors safe.
Qualified applicants should send resume to Shannon Monyak, email@example.com