Congratulations to our Raffle Winners!
Bonnie, John, Patrick, Shannon, Laura, Seth, India, Molly, Mary-Ellen, Cathy
We would like to thank everyone who purchased raffle tickets
and the companies and individuals who donated prizes!
We are very grateful for your support!
Kellyn, a Leader in the Making
This summer, Kellyn Donahoe participated in the Youth Leadership Forum, a regional event hosted by Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities (OOD), the Ohio Statewide Independent Living Council, the Centers for Independent Living, and other community partners. YLF’s mission is to help students with disabilities build leadership skills to prepare them for secondary education, future employment, and living independently. …As a participant of the Cleveland YLF in partnership with Services for Independent Living, Kellyn is now a senior at Lakewood High….
Get Caught up on Routine Vaccinations During National Immunization Awareness Month (NIAM)
August is National Immunization Awareness Month (NIAM). This annual observance highlights the importance of receiving recommended vaccines throughout your life. The COVID-19 pandemic has impacted all aspects of life, including the ability to attend important appointments and receive routine vaccinations. During NIAM, we encourage you to talk to your doctor, pharmacist, or other healthcare professional to ensure you and your family are protected against serious diseases by getting caught up on your routine vaccinations. Check out the following tools and resources to help you get started.
General Vaccine Resources from the CDC:
- Vaccine Information for Adults: Learn what vaccines adults need and why, where to get them, how to pay, and more.
- The Adult Vaccine Assessment Tool: Use this interactive tool to find out which vaccines you may need.
- 3 Important Reason for Adults to Get Vaccinated: This handout provides reasons for adults to get vaccinated as well as a chart of vaccine-preventable diseases and how they can affect adults.
- Vaccines: Know What You Need: This handout provides an overview of vaccines recommended for adults based on age, health conditions, and other factors.
- Vaccine Information Statements and Emergency Use Authorization Fact Sheets: Consumer friendly information about the risks and benefits of each type of vaccine.
COVID-19 Vaccine Resources:
- Disability Information and Access Line (DIAL): This hotline helps people with disabilities locate, make appointments for, and access transportation to COVID-19 vaccination sites.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Finder: A resource from CDC and Boston Children’s Hospital that can help you find COVID-19 vaccines near you.
- Myths and Facts about COVID-19 Vaccines: Learn the facts about COVID-19 vaccines from the CDC.