Making a Difference
- During COVID-19, SIL prepared and distributed over 100 “COVID care packages” to consumers. Packages consisted of PPE items.
- SIL’s Leadership Academy is currently on it’s 2021 spring session and focuses on giving people with disabilities the information and skills needed to fully participate on community coalitions, committees and taskforces. This program is facilitated by SIL’s Community Services Specialist, Laura Gold. Check our calendar for exact dates of classes!
- SIL has a 96% satisfaction rating for individual services provided. Survey’s are conducted by a non-direct care staff member at the conclusion of services.
- SIL was awarded a grant through RTC RURAL (Research & Training Center) and APRIL (Association of Programs for Rural Independent Living) to conduct Healthy Living sessions throughout the year.
- SIL has partnered with OOD (Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities) and OSILC (Ohio Statewide Independent Living Council) to host a regional Youth Leadership Forum. The virtual forum will be held 6/08/21-6/11/21.
- SIL and their local transportation coalition hosted a transportation webinar series in June and October 2020 that allowed presenters to speak on issues surrounding transportation with the luxury of participants joining from far and wide! Webinars presentation slides can be found here.
What the community, social service organizations, funders and individuals with disabilities are saying about us –
“You give people hope when they feel hopeless.”
I have always appreciated the compassion and concern the case managers have in ensuring clients get off to the best start they can when they transition back into the community.
I have referred many young adults to SIL for a myriad of services and have been very satisfied with services and professionals.
Excellent management and service delivery. Very professional and caring staff.
SIL has been a wealth of information for me for many years. Anytime I’m not sure who to talk to to address a variety of disability related issues, SIL always steers me in the right direction.
Your help has a tremendous impact on my son’s life, supporting him to be able to work everyday, and allowing him to have routine to make life seem somewhat normal.
Best service since the PCA program was moved for case management under Lisa Marn and SIL! Staff return calls promptly and actually care about helping meet your needs. Even if it’s not PCA related, I feel I can turn to SIL for disability-related needs.
Very focused and valuable organization.
SIL’s strengths are “its people.”
My son was injured at the age of 30. I could not find anything for him. When I contacted Services for Independent Living, I met Lisa Marn. She is wonderful and the program is helping me help him. I need respite and my son needed others to rely on.” It has “assisted my son to live independently, which is what he always wanted.
SIL is “very open to working with folks that many agencies are (not) able to work with.”