Supplies for independent Living Equipment Program
The equipment program provides individuals with disabilities new or gently used items such as walkers, wheelchairs, canes, crutches, bedside commodes, shower chairs, incontinence supplies, and more. The goal is to help individuals who are not able to purchase or obtain equipment through their health insurance, or any other means.
In order to receive equipment through the SIL program, it is recommended consumers follow the steps below:
- Call to confirm availability of the equipment or supplies. Items available may include, but are not limited to wheelchairs, walkers, canes, crutches, shower and toilet equipment, protective underwear, and bed pans.
- Fax or bring in a prescription for the item. Your physician must sign the prescription. Prescriptions can be sent via fax at (216) 731-3083. If you choose to bring in the prescription, please call ahead for an appointment.
- Contact SIL to confirm receipt of prescription.
- Set up an appointment to pick-up equipment once the prescription is sent to SIL and availability of item(s) is confirmed. Appointments may be made between the hours of 9:00 AM and 4:00 PM Monday through Friday.
- Equipment may be returned to SIL once the items are no longer needed.
SIL does not deliver or pick-up any medical equipment or items to/from consumers.
SIL also accepts donations of new and gently used medical equipment and incontinence supplies to maintain the program. Monetary donations are also appreciated.
Visit our Walmart Registry for Good!
Please contact SIL at 216-731-1529 to schedule an appointment before dropping off any donations.