Services for Independent Living
is pleased to be hosting the
Statewide Virtual Youth Leadership Forum
June 19th – June 23rd, 2023
Are You a High School Junior or Senior with a Disability Interested in Self-Advocacy & Leadership Development?
Ohio Regional Youth Leadership Forum (YLF) is a week-long career leadership training program, held during the summer, for 11th and 12th grade high school students with disabilities.
At YLF you will:
- Learn about choosing a career
- Learn about available resources and assistive technology
- Identify existing barriers to personal and professional success and develop plans to overcome those barriers
- Interact with professionals with disabilities who serve as mentors and role models
- Develop a personal leadership plan, which includes specific action steps to follow when you return to your community
- Gain the power to reach your goals in education, employment, and community leadership
- Develop a social network with your peers
For more information regarding Services for Independent Living’s Statewide Virtual Youth Leadership Forum please contact Shannon Monyak at firstname.lastname@example.org.
YLF Delegate Application
YLF Virtual Flyer